The School is a Church of England School and stands opposite the St Mary’s Church
It has a very good reputation and it’s pupils come from a large area surrounding Buckland St Mary.
The School has it’s own web site: www.bucklandstmaryschool.uk.org
The Church of St Mary the Virgin is possibly the largest village church in Somerset and has been referred to as the ‘Cathedral of the Blackdowns.
It is a fine example of Victorian Church in the perpendicular style. It was built in 1853 by the Reverend John Edwin Lance on the site of an older and smaller Church. See Church History
The Village Hall is just outside the centre of the village and is the venue of most of the activities. Booking well in advance is usually necessary. Phone Number